Phase One has released Capture One 8.1 which offers new camera and lens support, new features, stability improvements and bug fixes. Updates to Capture One Pro for Sony and Capture One Express for Sony add file support for Sony A7II and Capture One Pro for Sony adds Live-View Tethered Capture for Sony A7S, A7II and A77II.
Official File Support for Sony A7II
Sony A7II [ILCE-7M2] ARW Raw files are officially supported in Capture One 8.1. Camera profiles “Sony A7M2 Generic / Standard” are available from ICC Profile menu
Live-View Tethered Capture is Supported in Pro Version
This update for Capture One Pro for Sony also adds Tether support for Sony A5100 but without Live View.
Capture One Pro for Sony Live-View Panel
Live View Button opens the Live View Tether interface
Capture Button triggers the camera
• Check Live-view images from connected cameras.
• Change camera settings including Shutter Speed, Aperture, EV Adjustments, ISO and White Balance.
• Use the Capture Button to trigger the camera. Images are Saved to Capture One catalog/session.
• Display grids and overlay images on live-view image.
• Tool buttons (Pan/Zoom/WB/Focus meter) are not supported for Sony cameras.
• Live-view zoom-in display is not supported for Sony cameras.
• Functions of “Live view controls”, “Live view info” and “Live view focus meter” are not supported for Sony cameras.
I’ve tested out Capture One Pro for Sony with Sony A7II, A7S and A77II and with the limitations listed above, Live-View Tethered Capture works with all three cameras. (Please note that Capture One 8.1 Release Notes list A7R as a supported camera instead of A77II – but in my tests that is not the case.)
While Live-view Tethered Capture support for other current Sony cameras remains a possibility, it should be noted that A7S, A7II and A77II are Sony’s most recent releases. Though I don’t have any official word from Sony – I suspect hardware changes were made to the tethering interface to make Live View possible in these three cameras. If that is the case, it may not be possible to enable Live-view Tethered Capture in previous models – but I’d expect to see it in future releases.
About Capture One Pro 8:
Capture One Pro 8 is a professional RAW converter offering extremely high image quality with accurate colors and incredible detail from more than 300 high-end cameras. It offers state-of-‐the‐art tethered capture, digital asset management, extensive adjustment tools and a flexible workflow.
With an updated processing engine, high performance and new features, Capture One Pro 8 is the professional choice in imaging software. The highly responsive tools give you the power to create stunning images from your camera’s RAW files, in a time-saving workflow that can be customized to fit your needs.
– Ability to edit images in external applications, such as Adobe Photoshop or Pixelmator
– Improved Auto Adjust
– Live View for select models of Sony cameras
– Quick cursor tools
– Find/replace naming
– Additional and improved naming tokens
– Multiple on-screen guides for aligning and composing images.
– Incremental camera controls
– Up to 16 adjustment layers
– Additional TIFF processing options
Download Link: http://www.phaseone.com/PhaseOne/Downloads.aspx